Children's Home of Kingston Day Program
We are a specialized school for young men grades 4-12. Our program is designed with a therapeutic program in mind, using academically-researched practices including restorative approaches and social-emotional learning skills. We work in close contact with our youth’s home school districts to develop learning and behavior plans (if needed) to meet student’s academic goals. The Grove Street Academy offers emotionally and learning-disabled students a structured, personalized, educational setting. Prescriptive and diagnostic strategies are developed to help students achieve educational goals established by New York State Standards and the student's Individual Education Program. To learn more, please visit our Educational Services page.
2021 Moving Up Ceremony
- 853 NYSED approved school Special Education Services
- All staff are NYSED certified
- Regents exams are offered to students three times each year
- Every student’s program is driven by an Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Related services are available to students who need them
- Promote and work to provide a trauma-informed program. Including: Social, emotional learning skills and development
- After school extra-curricular activities support engagement.
- Interscholastic sports teams through Section IX and NYSPHSAA (seasonal)
- Opportunities for community engagement and enrichment
- Summer program to maintain academic gains and continuity
- Alternative activities such as field trips and physical activities to reinforce the learning process
Grove Street Academy begins each day by providing a nutritional breakfast to promote social interaction, facilitate learning, and prepare students for daily challenges. Our enriched staffing, related services and individual attention enables our students to complete required coursework and pass State tests including the New York State Regents.